PNGC Power manages power supply for its member cooperatives starting with planning months and years in advance, all the way to the moment of power delivery. Reliable load forecasts are a basic component for power planning and PNGC has strong load forecast and power supply models and expertise. Conceptually, the work is quite straightforward; the challenge lies in identifying the relevant inputs.
Integrated Resource Plan
PNGC Power continues to plan for the future through the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) process.
- Our goal is to find a balance between risk and cost in reliably meeting the electricity needs of our members
- The planning environment for the IRP is our best estimate of what we believe the landscape will be for the coming years, and the post-2028 world
The 20-year long-term contract between PNGC Power and BPA began October 1, 2011.
- The contract retains our share of the Federal Base System (FBS) power, but that will not meet the increasing power demands of members in the future
- PNGC has the responsibility of acquiring additional kilowatt-hours to meet the load growth of all our member systems
- We think the only way to meet future load growth requirements is to aggregate with others – this is a major benefit for PNGC Power’s member-owners